Happy New Year!
Take advantage of Get Fit with Bill Witte 2018 specials to make sure your new year starts off on the right foot. For a friend or family member, get 3 sessions for $220.
No more resolutions…make 2018 about solutions
Stop making resolutions and start making solutions! We make it a point to prepare for our financial futures but now is the time to prepare for our future physically. Don’t spend your retirement funds on hospital bills and medicine. Make 2018 your year to shine with a few tips:
Change the way you approach the new year…
- Believe in yourself and know that anything is possible.
- Break your old habits and change the way you think.
- Start by making small changes in your lifestyle.
- Be patient and realistic with your goals.
A few easy steps to get on the right track for 2018:
- Eat an apple a day – A low calorie treat loaded with vitamin C, which supports a healthy immune system.
- Get your vitamin Zzz’s – One of the simplest yet most important self-care practices is to simply get a good night’s sleep. You need to allow your body to have a regular sleep cycle so that you can rest, recover, and prevent illnesses. You’ll feel more rejuvenated when it’s time to wake up instead of wishing you could pull the covers over your head and stay in bed all day.
- Take time to laugh – Life can be stressful at times, but laughter is a vital part of it that keeps us happy and young.
- Take time to relax – Relaxation is very important for the body because it allows us to have a clear mind and be healthy. When it comes to de-stressing and relaxing, tense muscles take time to breath and relax so be sure to give them the attention they need.
- Exercise regularly – Make exercise a part of your daily routine. Take walks, hire BWitte as your trainer, take dancing lessons, kick box at the gym, or run marathons – staying active can help you live longer and have a better lifestyle. In fact, just walking as little as 30 minutes a day has been shown to increase life span. Staying active also boosts endorphins, your body’s feel good hormone, leading to a better mood and positive outlook on life. Put an appointment in your daily schedule to work out and hold yourself accountable. Start with 20 minutes a day and slowly increase the time and intensity as your body adapts. Create mini goals to keep you motivated.
- Drink more water – Water is essential for our survival, and it helps to speed up our metabolism. Proper hydration simply makes every function of the human body more efficient. Drinking water throughout the day helps rid your body of waste products and prevents dehydration. You’ll also have more energy and your skin will thank you for it! Be sure to carry a water container with you and refill it often to ensure your daily 96 ounces of water.
- Learn to let go – Not only is this good for your mind, heart, and health, but living a life learning to forgive and let go of grudges, anger, and any kind of negativity leads to less stress and brings on more contentment and peace. It isn’t always easy, but you can do it!
- Set realistic goals and time frames for 2018 – Make a goal and write it down in a place where you can see it daily. Be sure to make the goals measurable and increase your goals once you become more comfortable.
- Find the right coach/trainer – The biggest key to change and staying motivated is to find the best fit for you. Figure out what it is that you’re looking for. Whether it’s group fitness, individual training, or boxing, find the right fit for you. Everyone has different motivation, needs, wants, and goals. What motivates you?